Roman skeleton find in farm field

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
Corinne Mills
meble kuchenne warszawa

Roman skeleton find in farm field

Post by Corinne Mills »

see here

A Roman skeleton dating back 2,000 years has been unearthed after it was spotted by a member of the public in a farmer's field in North Yorkshire.

Click Here

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Re: Roman skeleton find in farm field

Post by Old Git John »

Even though I worked as a monumental masns apprentice when I was younger, I do not know how I would react to finding a skeleton.

Isaw some quite horrific things at the time, which I will not go into, but to find something like that would I feel still cause me stress.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

nealblath
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by nealblath »

Corrine

I went and had a look at this a few weeks back while it was being excavated............awesome!

It was actually found by the same guy who found the Viking Hoard recently (I wish I had shares in him!).

He was telling me that the field was virtually barren of finds but he got a large signal and dug down to reveal the corner of the coffin at which point he reported it and the archies came in.

The coffin and stone chamber were being recorded and then to be removed and reassembled hopefully in a museum.

Neal
Attachments
ROMANCOFFIN.jpg
CTX3030
XP Deus
Arado 120B
Compass 77B
Minelab Equinox 800

Leadlumps

Post by Leadlumps »

Excellent Neal,exciting stuff :clap

Corinne Mills

Post by Corinne Mills »

nealblath wrote:corinne

I went and had a look at this a few weeks back while it was being excavated............awesome!

It was actually found by the same guy who found the Viking Hoard recently (I wish I had shares in him!).

He was telling me that the field was virtually barren of finds but he got a large signal and dug down to reveal the corner of the coffin at which point he reported it and the archies came in.

The coffin and stone chamber were being recorded and then to be removed and reassembled hopefully in a museum.

Neal
wow! Thank you Neal

Deetektor
UKDN Gold Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Gold Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by Deetektor »

nealblath wrote:

Neal
What a great story, well done that man. :clap

To think that we still have people who are frightened to report a couple of hammered coins, because they believe it will lead to their site being scheduled. :g10:
Support the PAS
You know it makes sense

Teknetics T2
XP Goldmaxx Power

Rayredditch

Post by Rayredditch »

I wonder if no museum wants it, will they give it him back ? :lol: :lol: :lol:

StuE
Main Detector: Deus

Post by StuE »

Yes - the lead alone is worth a few quid these days!!! Seriously though what a fabulous find and excellent story & picture there Niel.
Found any lead bag seals? Email a piccy to me for inclusion on The Bag Seal Gallery Ourpasthistory.com Image Gallery :: Lead Cloth & Bag Seals
Don't be a complete Banker, make a micro-loan - http://www.kiva.org/team/humanist

Return to “LATEST NEWS”