how ridiculous

The place to find the latest news story . . .
you can make a comment if you wish!
coreservers
Technical Administrator and UKDN Supporter
Technical Administrator and UKDN Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Equinox 800

how ridiculous

Post by coreservers »

Vandals hit stonehenge with hammer and screwdriver

Click Here
Minelab Equinox 800
How many Microsoft employees does it take to change a lightbulb? None, Bill Gates just makes darkness the industry standard

Leeolitina

Re: how ridiculous

Post by Leeolitina »

Idiots.

Probably thought they could sell it on ebay. Hope they catch them

Baldric
Site Moderator - UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: XP DEUS

Post by Baldric »

Total ****holes
Just because you are not paranoid, it does not mean that they are not out to get you

Troy Shadow X3, Shadow X5, XP ORX and now the DEUS 1

Jif
UKDN Bronze Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Bronze Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
Main Detector: GMP

Post by Jif »

Brainless morons, thinking of themselves & nobody else, thankfully they are in a minority, these stones have stood for 5,000 years & if everybody was as selfish & blinkered as them there would be nothing left for the generations to come, I hope thay are caught & given the severist penalty possible for such a blatant, pre-meditated act of vandalism!!!! :g10: :g6:
"Where are you taking that cow"??
"To the bull"
"Can`t your father do that"??
"No it has to be the bull"!!!!!

Andy UK
UKDN Supporter

Post by Andy UK »

Yes you say this but years ago you were actually given a hammer and chisel so you knock a piece off and take it home with you, funny how things change !
I aint right in the head.

Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

Only 40 per cent left of the original stones? What happened to the missing 60 per cent they can,t have been taken home chip at a time, I bet someones got a big garden feature somewhere. I,ve never actually been there would,nt mind a visit one day.

m300572

Post by m300572 »

Donnydave wrote:Only 40 per cent left of the original stones? What happened to the missing 60 per cent they can,t have been taken home chip at a time, I bet someones got a big garden feature somewhere. I,ve never actually been there would,nt mind a visit one day.
The medieval church had a habit of organising stone smashing sessions to destroy these remnants of paganism (which were still in use as places of what the church saw as dodgy rituals). Some of the stones may have been smashed and removed - it certainly seems to have been the case at Avebury where stones were broken up and used for building or in some cases buried - one fell over while being buried in the 13th C and crushed one of the working party, who was discovered several hundred years later when Kieller was excavating and re-erecting the buried stones.

If you ever got down for a visit Dave, be prepared for it not to be as big as you imagine it from the pictures.

Donnydave
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

m300572 wrote:
Donnydave wrote:Only 40 per cent left of the original stones? What happened to the missing 60 per cent they can,t have been taken home chip at a time, I bet someones got a big garden feature somewhere. I,ve never actually been there would,nt mind a visit one day.
The medieval church had a habit of organising stone smashing sessions to destroy these remnants of paganism (which were still in use as places of what the church saw as dodgy rituals). Some of the stones may have been smashed and removed - it certainly seems to have been the case at Avebury where stones were broken up and used for building or in some cases buried - one fell over while being buried in the 13th C and crushed one of the working party, who was discovered several hundred years later when Kieller was excavating and re-erecting the buried stones.

If you ever got down for a visit Dave, be prepared for it not to be as big as you imagine it from the pictures.
You mean I will drive for 5 hours 247 miles to see a circle of small stones :shock:

Andy UK
UKDN Supporter

Post by Andy UK »

Personally, I don't think we will ever know the truth about the stones, its all just quess work.
I aint right in the head.

Return to “LATEST NEWS”