Trident II or hawkeye

bulldog
meble kuchenne warszawa

Trident II or hawkeye

Post by bulldog »

Hi to every one out there,need some help on weather to buy a LASER TRIDENT II or the LASER HAWKEYE.Im currently useing a MINELAB QUATTRO which is a very good detector but the recovery speed is very poor need something with a fast recovery speed.Ive read that laser machines are very impressive detectors and easy to use is there much difference in performance between the two detectors.The detector will be used on ploughed fields and pasture.Im keeping the quattro as its fab on beaches and where thers not much trash.Ive been detecting for about 5 months but want to see what other machines can do out in the field.Many thanks in advance for your help from BULLDOG

MRTWO

Re: Trident II or hawkeye

Post by MRTWO »

Both are good machines Bulldog light and nice to use....either would be easy on the arm muscles on ploughed soil :g50:
Don't know much about detecting on pasture as I rarely do it . On those rare occasions I use the Explorer for the extra depth ,as the first 2-3 inches your detecting is grass.
My wife uses a Trident II all the time she and has a lot of good finds with it ... often does rather better than me ....maybe she's just good at it :g42: . It runs at 14khz and is very good at picking up smaller low items like hammies and late Roman bronzes.(the Hawkeye runs at 10khz) It may have a little more depth than the Hawkeye when run in 'Supertune' mode .
It has manual as well preset ground Balancing (unlike the Trident I), However my wife only ever uses the preset and that seems to work fine.It is pretty much identical to the Tesoro Vaquero (I've had one of those too!) that may be a slightly cheaper option . Cheaper still is the Cibola which is very very similar ,but without the manual GB capability.
Disadvantages of the the Cibola/Vaquero.Trident family ?..not many really ....They like coke ...If your detecting buddy has a MXT (also a 14Khz detector)then best avoided as they interfere with each other horribly .... but that's about it.
The Hawkeye has a small screen,which is fun ,but not good if you have substandard eyesight like me :g48:

Just my thoughts ,I'm sure you'll get plenty more . Kevmar is one of the Tesoro/Laser experts. I'm sure he'll give you some sound advice.

Happy hunting whatever you decide to get :beer

anonymous

Re: Trident II or hawkeye

Post by anonymous »

Either or in my honest opinion,
see the specs below,
Hawkeye
Technology VLF Ideal for Beginner Intermediate Advanced
Transmit 10KHz Inland
Search Head 9 concentric
Optional Heads Available Beach
Discrimination Full range Audio Id No
Battery Type 8 x AA Meter Id Yes
Usage Time on Batteries 30 Hrs Weight 2.9 Kg
------------------------------------------------------------------
Trident2
The Trident II runs at 14.3kHz frequency and comes as standard with a 9”x8” concentric monolithic coil. This machine has fixed & adjustable ground balance to help improve performance and will also use any of the Lobo, Cibola, Trident or Tejon coils. The Trident II comes with a flip switch which enables the user to adjust the frequency from 14.3kHz to 14.5kHz or 14.7kHz.
Snip>> from Pentechnics very own website,
some good reading there.
The main part of the Trident II versatility is the latest fixed or adjustable ground cancel option. This will give the detectorist the choice between turn-on-and-go (Trident I mode) or fully adjustable ground cancel to set up his machine to best suit the mineralization conditions that he is working in. The Trident II adds an ED180 discrimination feature to filter the trash from the treasure and a Push Button Pinpoint that makes digging up the goodies that much easier. The discriminate knob is also used to switch into a threshold-based All Metal Mode.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I would choose the Trident 2,but if it's fast recovery you want,then any model from this stable will do it,
also the uk service centre is very good,no worrys about sending
your 'baby' oversees,if it gets poorley.
Hope this helps,
kev.

Return to “Detectors & Tips”