Samsung App GPS ?

omegamike
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Minelab GPX4800

Samsung App GPS ?

Post by omegamike »

I have a Samsung Galaxy Camera on its way and one of the uses will be in the field. Could anyone recommend a good GPS App to track the usual waypoints, time, distance etc? I'm currently using the 'GPS Kit' for the iPhone and if I can find something similar that would be great, thanks.
Swing till you drop...... if in doubt - DIG IT!!

Bridex

Re: Samsung App GPS ?

Post by Bridex »

I use an app named Alpine Quest, does tracking, waypoints, routes, and can use offline maps to show your location on a map.
you can create and use your own maps, or purchase them and use them offline on your Galaxy
http://alpinequest.psyberia.net/

omegamike

Post by omegamike »

That sounds good to me. Can you download tracks and waypoints onto Google Earth? Reading the info it all sounds very complicated. All I want is an app as good as the one I already use, get home, download the info with a single click and Bobs your uncle. Will Alpine Quest do this?

Bridex

Post by Bridex »

Yes, the program uses industry standard .gpx files to create tracks and waypoints and Google Earth can use these to show your data - it also creates Google Earth native .kml and .kmz files
Quote from their website .........

With AlpineQuest you can browse and display data from GPX files (standard format for GPS data exchange), KML/KMZ files (used in Google Earth) and LOC files (used for Geocaching).

Try the free 'Lite' version, its limited to less functions of course - but it will give you an idea of its capabilities.

omegamike

Post by omegamike »

Thanks for that :g50: much appreciated. Will give it a go once I get my camera.

Return to “GPS”