County Durham newbie needs help.

If you're looking for a Detecting Partner then ask here
johntyjohn
meble kuchenne warszawa

County Durham newbie needs help.

Post by johntyjohn »

Hi,newbie from Co Durham,just got my new Garrett ace 250 at a loss of how to use it and where to go ,anyone help me :g46:

popsandme
Finds Advisor - UKDN Supporter - Diamond
Finds Advisor - UKDN Supporter - Diamond
Main Detector: Nox 800

Re: County Durham newbie needs help.

Post by popsandme »

welcome to the hobby john, great starter machine, i cant help with a days detecting but when you get some permission run the garrett on all metal and two to three notches down from max on the sensitivity and dig every sweet sounding signal taking note of what the ID is on the lcd display, even dig the slightly iffy ones that way you will soon learn what targets to dig and not dig, the 250 will find you the goodies just remember you have to go over them to find them......dont get suckered into buying the 9"x12" larger coil, i did when i had the 250 and found there wasnt much differance except the extra weight...........have fun and good luck mate
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.

Self recording on the PAS database..... Click Here
2022 Hammered = 5

johntyjohn

Post by johntyjohn »

Thanks for that mate , will do what you said and i cant wait. cheers mate

UK-ND

Post by UK-ND »

What is your location in County Durham ? Northumbrian Search Society Club meet in Gilesgate every Wednesday,Sunday digs available most weeks of the detecting season.

johntyjohn

Post by johntyjohn »

I am in Shildon , bit of a way from Gilesgate.

johntyjohn

Post by johntyjohn »

Had my detector for over a week now and still havent managed to use it, was wondering if it would be ok to detect on the edge of a football pitch which is owned by the council or would i be breaking the law ?

johntyjohn

Post by johntyjohn »

Shildon mate

UK-ND

Post by UK-ND »

Dont you drive ? if travelling is a problem,metal detecting might not be for you,2 hour detecting trips there and same back are not un common,unless you get your own land local,about the only chance you have of getting out somewhere half decent is joining a club and travelling to digs,wherever they may be and rarely in County Durham.

Return to “Need a Detecting Buddy”