Newbie Isle of Sheppey

If you're looking for a Detecting Partner then ask here
jonno1510
meble kuchenne warszawa

Newbie Isle of Sheppey

Post by jonno1510 »

Hi all, my name is john . I live on the Isle of Sheppey, and I'm looking for people to go detecting with. I have only been detecting for a couple of weeks so i'm still getting used to my Garrett 150, no significant finds yet, guess that comes with experiance. So anybody out there in the north kent area who would like to invite me to go detecting pm me cheers. Oh by the way I have my own transport so getting about not a problem.

omegamike
Main Detector: Minelab GPX4800

Re: Newbie Isle of Sheppey

Post by omegamike »

Welcome to the site John. I do most of my detecting down the road from you around Sittingbourne. Just about all my farms are 'me only' with just the one near Rochester that allows me guests. I will keep you in the back of my mind for the next season (next summer!). But most of the fields are seeded and have crop on them at the moment. Even I can't get on them if I wanted to..... then there's this damned rain!! when will it ever end? :g64:
Swing till you drop...... if in doubt - DIG IT!!

baza
UKDN Supporter - Silver
UKDN Supporter - Silver

Post by baza »

hi john and :42: to this grate forum ide love to help but i think i live a bit to far north but best of look :g50:

jonno1510

Post by jonno1510 »

cheers omegamike looking forword to it.

Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

Welcome the forum :g58: :g50: If you want to get out try an open dig I will be going to my third in as many weeks come Sunday, great way to meet people and a good chance of decent finds :g50:

jonno1510

Post by jonno1510 »

Cheers for the info mate , where do you find details for open digs ?

m00nscanner
Main Detector: Nokta - Velox One

Post by m00nscanner »

jonno1510 wrote:Hi all, my name is john . I live on the Isle of Sheppey, ....

Hi John, and a very warm welcome :g50: Isle of Sheppey huh? ... well I guess someone has to, right! :hahaha:

Just kidding matey, :g42: Not the ideal time of year to begin for you, weather-wise, but if you can maintain interest in these conditions, you'll love the hobby in better times. meanwhile, might I suggest that, if you have garden with spare room, that you try (weather permitting) burying a few different metal items, at differing depths, and practice, practice, practice!! Learn to listen to those sounds, tune into them until you know instinctively what she it trying to tell you! There is, as these Non-Newbie's on here will attest, absolutely no substitute for familiarity/experience with your own machine! Good luck
:42:

omegamike wrote: ..... then there's this damned rain!! when will it ever end? :g64:
I remember Noah asking the same question :g58:
It took a while, but he did evenually get his answer. .....

:hahaha: :hahaha:
The Absence Of Evidence, Is Not Evidence of Absence!

Nokta-Velox One ~ XLT Back-up ~ Garret Pro-pointer ~ Sprite phones

jonno1510

Post by jonno1510 »

I"ve been doing that also been down the beach, found quite a few coins all decimal, lots of scrap all binned. Except the, lead weights used by fisherman , I"ll keep on saving them might get a few quid from the scrap yard oh and a few spent bullets. Been on Sheppey for 10 years now and i've still not grown any more fingers or toes plenty of time yet :hahaha:

m00nscanner
Main Detector: Nokta - Velox One

Post by m00nscanner »

jonno1510 wrote:I"ve been doing that also been down the beach, found quite a few coins all decimal, lots of scrap all binned. Except the, lead weights used by fisherman , I"ll keep on saving them might get a few quid from the scrap yard oh and a few spent bullets.
Wow! Yes, silly me, I underestimated you, my apologies!

I see you have history of neolithic, while later prehistoric, Roman and medieval occupation, also that in 855, Sheppey became the Winter camp of an occupying Viking force!! Sounds to me like a Detectorists 'dream island'
Been on Sheppey for 10 years now and i've still not grown any more fingers or toes plenty of time yet :hahaha:
Apparently, after ten years, it is already too late to move back out, "IT" will already be "Within". it takes a minimum of 12-13yrs before the webbing begins to grow between the fingers and toes, ... THEN, the more major stuff starts to show! :shock:

Merry Christmas
Keith :hahaha: :hahaha: :hahaha:
The Absence Of Evidence, Is Not Evidence of Absence!

Nokta-Velox One ~ XLT Back-up ~ Garret Pro-pointer ~ Sprite phones

jonno1510

Post by jonno1510 »

And a very merry christmas to you too :xmasbiggrin

Return to “Need a Detecting Buddy”