Newbie Medway area

If you're looking for a Detecting Partner then ask here
s3mps81
meble kuchenne warszawa

Newbie Medway area

Post by s3mps81 »

Hi all

I'm a newbie to this hobby it's always interested me so went out and bought my first metal detector, a Garrett ace 250

I live in Medway with my gf and 13 year old son looking for fellow buddy to help me with this hobby
I currently don't have any permission to detect on any land, other than my back garden ;)

Also looking for advice from anyone who knows if there are any public areas in the area where one can metal detect to fine tune ones skills.

Any help, advice or mentoring would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Neil

plodite
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
UKDN Supporter - Bronze
Main Detector: Rock me Amadeus

Re: Newbie Medway area

Post by plodite »

Hi Neil and welcome. I'm in a club very local to you. Our membership is currently full and there i a waitig list to join but PM me and i will pass on the chairmans contact details so you can get your name down. Also i know of 2 other clubs in the area who i don't have any direct links with but may have places?
As for "public areas" to practice, all land is owned and you need permission to detect so start writing letters and knocking on doors you never know you may get lucky.
Also have a look on this forum in the Rally section these are often open to all and although variable (some good some bad) are an easy route to gain access to start this great hobby of ours....good luck :g50:
PAS Click Here UKDFD Click Here

"Tectin's like a box a chocolates.........ye never know whatcha gonna git"

IXL
Main Detector: Teknetic n a PI

Post by IXL »

Hello and welcome,Neil.Have a look in the digs section,on the form there are often open digs available.just turn up at meeting place.pay your £10,usually n have agood days detecting.there will also be lots of others there too so you will be able to see other m/c in action ,make friends,get advice,view whats found etc.
If this isnt to your liking why not try the beaches???All you need is a Crown Foreshore licence,By return e.mail n free.If you keep to the dry sand you should be ok with your m/c.
Best vof luck,don't get down hearted if you dont find anything.It will all come togther.

omegamike
Main Detector: Minelab GPX4800

Post by omegamike »

Hi Neil, welcome to the forum. What part of Medway are you? There is an 'open' club within traveling distance, have a look at this web site http://www.weekendwanderersdetecting.com/ otherwise other clubs are usually dead man's shoes!
Swing till you drop...... if in doubt - DIG IT!!

Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Donnydave »

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your search :g58: :g50:

s3mps81

Post by s3mps81 »

Thanks for all the advice

Return to “Need a Detecting Buddy”