Looking for a bit of info and info on permissions.

A place for the newcomer to find useful information thus
helping them to make a good start in the hobby. Beginners can ask questions
and get replies from more experienced members.
Grub wurm
meble kuchenne warszawa

Re: Looking for a bit of info and info on permissions.

Post by Grub wurm »

Thanks Mr B I'll give them a watch

bodvoc
Consortium Member
Consortium Member

Post by bodvoc »

Finding permission to search is the awkward bit. Finding out who owns what is also tricky and I find that it often pays just to ask when out and about. Someone always knows someone who may be of use in gaining permission to search.
Professionally aimless wandering.

seDEUSed

Grub wurm

Post by Grub wurm »

Thanks bodvoc I'll keep that on mind.

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

Grub wurm wrote:Having the information you have all shared with me and research on top. the budget is around 250 for the detector any decent entry leven machines for that price? It will be used for inland use only no beach, some areas may be boggy or Marsh land any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I know I'm not gonna get a deus or anything like that within my budget so I haven't set my hopes too high. Also if some one has the time to do me a quick check list of other items I will need minus attire. Thanks alot for your time

Garrett Ace 250 is a very good starter level detector. I have owned one, and also saw the finest example of a Roman brooch found with one, and actually got to handle the brooch.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

Grub wurm

Post by Grub wurm »

Thanks John I'm looking at them now there's a few with extras that I've found some priced around 180 new is that a good price? I'll keep my eye on them. Thanks for the recommendation. Firstly and for most is cover then permissions then to get equipment. Then I suppose I'll go from there. Anything else we've not covered?

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

Grub wurm wrote:Thanks John I'm looking at them now there's a few with extras that I've found some priced around 180 new is that a good price? I'll keep my eye on them. Thanks for the recommendation. Firstly and for most is cover then permissions then to get equipment. Then I suppose I'll go from there. Anything else we've not covered?
Yes, price is right. If you buy from Regton, tell them at the beginning that you are a member on here. Worth a discount.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

Grub wurm

Post by Grub wurm »

Thanks. I'm presuming it's close to learning another language, learning the different sounds of the metal detector? What to listen to what to ignore. I think when I learn to use it I will investigated every sound and what makes that perticular sound. I know the one John recommend gives me a foot up with that with perticular noises for certain items.

Old Git John

Post by Old Git John »

Grub wurm wrote:Thanks. I'm presuming it's close to learning another language, learning the different sounds of the metal detector? What to listen to what to ignore. I think when I learn to use it I will investigated every sound and what makes that perticular sound. I know the one John recommend gives me a foot up with that with perticular noises for certain items.

When you get it, it will come with, the manual and a DVD. The latter is a training tool, and needs to be watched several times, section by section, the manual is small enough to carry in a pocket and is easy to understand.

Just take your time, and do it the way Garrett suggest, then as you get more experienced you can tweak the settings to suit the ground you are on. It is an incredibly easy machine to get to know, if I can anyone can, cos at my age I am getting a bit less able to understand such things.

Best of luck my friend.

Grub wurm

Post by Grub wurm »

Thanks John I can't wait to get one and try it out. I have my eyes on a location for permission to detect the following postcards are from around 1900 but the path is belived to be alot older. Hope I do this right haha. Would this be a good spot to do a little detecting?

Grub wurm

Post by Grub wurm »

Sorry about the size and quality trying to use as little space as possible.

Grub wurm

Post by Grub wurm »

I thought I'd just add this in here instead of starting a new topic if that's okay. What's the best way to clean coins once found?

popsandme
Finds Advisor - UKDN Supporter - Diamond
Main Detector: Nox 800

Post by popsandme »

the simple answer is............warm water and with a soft tooth brush, using any other method you can ruin either any remaining detail left on the coin or worse case scenario the coin itself. found items have been in the ground sometimes for centuries and because of this they acquire a patina, and although to some its not what they are wanting their find to look like, but for others, myself included, its just the way they deserve to look.
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.

Self recording on the PAS database..... Click Here
2022 Hammered = 5

Grub wurm

Post by Grub wurm »

Makes sense pops. I'd only want to try bring out a bit more detail if possible. I believe they should look there age not like new.

popsandme
Main Detector: Nox 800

Post by popsandme »

renaissance wax help to seal a coin or artifact should you want to go down that route but be sure that it is thoroughly dry before applying it or else you are just sealing the moisture in rather than sealing it against moisture.
Sometimes too much to drink is barely enough.

Self recording on the PAS database..... Click Here
2022 Hammered = 5

Return to “BEGINNERS' SECTION”