Getting used to my AT Pro Intl.

A place for the newcomer to find useful information thus
helping them to make a good start in the hobby. Beginners can ask questions
and get replies from more experienced members.
AdyBee
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Garrett XP Pro Int

Getting used to my AT Pro Intl.

Post by AdyBee »

Hi everyone,

I've been playing with my new and first MD and am trying to get to grips with to look for in the target ID.

I found a nice stable ID of ~87 in the allotment. About 3" deep it was an aluminium die cast toy car. Question 1, is there any way of differentiating between aly and the 3 metals on the ID legend (bronze, silver, gold)?

Next I dangled my girlfriend's white gold jewellery in front of the MD and the ID was ~53. I think it's 9 caret gold. Is an ID of 53 about right? Could it be the plating that's confusing matters.

Also, what is the MD telling me when the ID jumps all over the place within a small area (3" side to side movements) or as my manual states, wiggling. The ID jumps from the 10s into the 70s or 80s.

Thanks Ady...

jimi hendrix
Main Detector: At pro

Re: Getting used to my AT Pro Intl.

Post by jimi hendrix »

Hi ady

Welcome to the forum its great on here and there is so many helpful people who will answer any question you have.i also have the at pro and had for around a year and think its an amazing detector and one im goin to stick with.lots of oeople have there fav and for many reasons.as for your questions im sure someone will help you much better than me as there could be many many reasons to all your questions like settings and soil and many targets or a trashy area or ground balance so would be pretty hard to answer for defo without loads more detail really.the best thing you can do to answer any most of ur queries i find is sift through many youtube vids and most of all just keep playing with it and learning as you go.im sorry i cant be of more help but you will have much more clear answers from many a good person on here and good luck hunting with it.

Dave

splodge
UKDN Supporter - Silver
UKDN Supporter - Silver
Main Detector: deus

Post by splodge »

Keep digging, you'll learn very quickly. Good luck!

AdyBee
Main Detector: Garrett XP Pro Int

Post by AdyBee »

Thanks for the reply guys.
I'm feeling pretty confidant using the AT Pro now. I'm now in search of some land to go digging.

Ady....

jimi hendrix
Main Detector: At pro

Post by jimi hendrix »

Good luck and probably the best advice i could give would be to dig everything and get to know what kind of things read on it

Return to “BEGINNERS' SECTION”