First permission

A place for the newcomer to find useful information thus
helping them to make a good start in the hobby. Beginners can ask questions
and get replies from more experienced members.
AdyBee
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Garrett XP Pro Int

First permission

Post by AdyBee »

Hi all, I've got permission to detect in a semi wooded area next to a village. I've been told that areas of it are overgrown and that there are numerous lakes.
For the over grown areas I was thinking of taking a machete as well as my spade.
Does anyone know if having a machete in the car is OK in terms of the law if I have a genuine purpose for it.
I just hope I don't bump into any locals whilst hacking my way through the brambles.

Thanks AdyBee...

Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Re: First permission

Post by Donnydave »

AdyBee wrote:Hi all, I've got permission to detect in a semi wooded area next to a village. I've been told that areas of it are overgrown and that there are numerous lakes.
For the over grown areas I was thinking of taking a machete as well as my spade.
Does anyone know if having a machete in the car is OK in terms of the law if I have a genuine purpose for it.
I just hope I don't bump into any locals whilst hacking my way through the brambles.

Thanks AdyBee...
It is risky unless you are a landscaper/gardener by trade, I would put it in a bag of some kind and not just slide behind a seat, and remove it every time your not going detecting, if it is left in permanently there is more risk of being pulled by the police.

Return to “BEGINNERS' SECTION”