I wonder what the long term effect will be.

All discussions and threads relating to the "Green Waste" issue should be placed in here.
When the green waste issue has been resolved, this forum and the threads within it
will either be moved or deleted.
Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: XP Deus

I wonder what the long term effect will be.

Post by Donnydave »

I watched an American programme today that was about the mad cows disease crisis in the UK in the 1990's, we had four of the human cases in our own village. And it was caused by feeding the animals feed made from ground up cow and sheep carcasses, and then it got into the food chain and had a devastating effect on humans. I hope we do not get a similar problem with this "green compost" but if they do not know what is going into it, anything could happen. If batteries and foil trays, aluminium and lead can get in, how do we know that other undesirable items like dead animals, and dog faeces, turkey and chicken carcasses are not hid amongst the grass and tree cuttings?

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Re: I wonder what the long term effect will be.

Post by lee greagsbey »

I guess that is pretty true Donnydave.... I myself have thrown in dead rabbits & squirrels etc... from estate garden pest control in the odd compost heap in the past....!!!
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

Return to “"Green Waste" Issues”