ncmd

All discussions and threads relating to the "Green Waste" issue should be placed in here.
When the green waste issue has been resolved, this forum and the threads within it
will either be moved or deleted.
the barnacle
UKDN Supporter - Platinum
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Deus

ncmd

Post by the barnacle »

Just wanted to say great work ste on the new writeup in the NCMD newsletter :g50: :g38: - good on the NCMD for what they are also doing, :g38: i wonder if FID have done anything?

Brianmo
Site Owner and Creator
Site Owner and Creator
Main Detector: XP Deus

Re: ncmd

Post by Brianmo »

i wonder if FID have done anything?
MMmmmm, I very much doubt it, although I'd like them to suprise me :g43:
From Brian & Mo' Cross
Creators of UK DETECTOR NET FORUM
http://www.forumukdetectornet.co.uk

jcmaloney
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by jcmaloney »

Thanks for the thanks! It can`t be done without the input from the NCMD membership, its how a democratic organisation works. I personally think the work done my a number of individuals has focussed the approach and is (slowly) making people sit up & take notice and is very noteworthy! :g38:

As above I expect a belated,re-hashed article from FID to hang on the coat-tails of the NCMD & its members success`s so they can try & sell a bit more cheap,inadequate insurance.
NB: Just my personal opinion of course.

Brianmo
Site Owner and Creator
Site Owner and Creator

Post by Brianmo »

Well done the NCMD, and we will keep plugging away at the issue until we get a solution :g43: :g58: :g50:
From Brian & Mo' Cross
Creators of UK DETECTOR NET FORUM
http://www.forumukdetectornet.co.uk

sic odiggin
UKDN Supporter

Post by sic odiggin »

The NCMD has been very slow to react to the threat of green waste. Wasn't it only a few months back that they said they would not be getting involved? :g43:
Today's the day! (Or that's what i've been telling myself for the past thirty years!)

Steve Rice

Post by Steve Rice »

sic odiggin wrote:The NCMD has been very slow to react to the threat of green waste. Wasn't it only a few months back that they said they would not be getting involved? :g43:
To be fair, it was as far back as 18 months or so ago, they brought it up at a meeting (I can't remember what minutes I read) but there was little support.
Creator of

http://www.englishcoindatabase.co.uk
(Help identify English Coins)

http://www.treasurehunting.tv
(UK and Worldwide Metal Detecting and Treasure Hunting News)

the barnacle

Post by the barnacle »

sic odiggin wrote:The NCMD has been very slow to react to the threat of green waste. Wasn't it only a few months back that they said they would not be getting involved? :g43:
problem is we have to move forward and anything the ncmd can do is a bonus, to tell the truth i have heard alot of negative about them in the past but i now respect them for what they have and are doing. :g50:

sic odiggin
UKDN Supporter

Post by sic odiggin »

The thing is Steve, the ncmd is our representative body.They should be doing a lot more than any one person. If it had not been for Mr Rice getting his finger out and sorting the campaign then where would we be? Well dones should go to Steve Rice! :g50:
Today's the day! (Or that's what i've been telling myself for the past thirty years!)

jcmaloney

Post by jcmaloney »

sic odiggin wrote:The thing is Steve, the ncmd is our representative body.They should be doing a lot more than any one person. If it had not been for Mr Rice getting his finger out and sorting the campaign then where would we be? Well dones should go to Steve Rice! :g50:
I`ll declare my interest as the NCMD Central Register rep.

The NCMD can only act as directed by the membership via the Clubs,Regions & web. As a democracy we work from the bottom up, not as an Executive directing the members, we are their servants & officers.
Ken Wilcox started the ball rolling asking for information about 18months/2 years ago from the membership that initially wasn`t forthcoming.
Subsequently ,through the actions of individuals & the spread of CGW,evidence has (is) being gathered and ideas generated to bring matters to the attention of those that matter such as the Environment Agency etc. This is being taken to Government via the NCMD`s membership of the Sports & Recreation Alliance (SARA).
Sorry if we`re not picketing Downing Street or throwing petrol bombs but (generally) life doesn`t work like that.
I`m very sure Steve`s work has focussed the issues in a very proffessional manner and, I agree, he should take many of the plaudits. :g58: Equally this issue needs EVERYBODY to do their bit for their hobby.

the barnacle

Post by the barnacle »

sic odiggin wrote:The thing is Steve, the ncmd is our representative body.They should be doing a lot more than any one person. If it had not been for Mr Rice getting his finger out and sorting the campaign then where would we be? Well dones should go to Steve Rice! :g50:
we need all the help we can, i just cant see why more are not getting involved. and yes the ncmd should be at the top of the tree fighting it, but i am happy with any input anyone gives.

Return to “"Green Waste" Issues”