Eager Beginner advice needed.

A place for the newcomer to find useful information thus
helping them to make a good start in the hobby. Beginners can ask questions
and get replies from more experienced members.
JimmyJam
meble kuchenne warszawa

Eager Beginner advice needed.

Post by JimmyJam »

Hi all. ok after being scammed on gumtree for an Ace 250 i am really excited in getting started. i have not got a pinpointer yet but will soon hopefully . I just wanted to ask for some advice. Where was the first place you started detecting. where do you suggest that i start off. i don't live near any beaches. just looking for some advice before the weekend. thanks so much. jimmy

Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: XP Deus

Re: Eager Beginner advice needed.

Post by Donnydave »

I started in my local wood and school field but that was 35 years ago, now you have to gain permission so your nearest farmer or detecting club. Depending where you live? we are spoilt for choice our own permissions or local digs, we have decided on a local dig for Sunday so fingers crossed for us and good luck to you where ever you decide, but please get permission because the police are keen these days and rightly so :g58: :g50:

sic odiggin
UKDN Supporter

Post by sic odiggin »

Hi Jimmy. It would help if we knew your location as there are many clubs and groups who run digs.
Today's the day! (Or that's what i've been telling myself for the past thirty years!)

sic odiggin
UKDN Supporter

Post by sic odiggin »

Beat me to it Dave :g50:
Today's the day! (Or that's what i've been telling myself for the past thirty years!)

JimmyJam

Post by JimmyJam »

Oh i am in East London/Essex. Any cubs. thanks Jimmy

omegamike
Main Detector: Minelab GPX4800

Post by omegamike »

The number 1 rule of detecting is ALWAYS GET PERMISSION from the land owner, all land is owned by someone. If you don't your trespassing and possibly even doing it on protected or scheduled land! in which case you could end up with a criminal conviction!! the law doesn't discriminate between ignorance and deliberate trespassers. Anyway, I digress, your first port of call should be a club most of which have waiting lists (dead mans shoes) but your in luck. Have a look at the Weekendwanderers web site. They are an 'open' club that hold days out once or twice a week some of which could be within travelling distance :g50:
Swing till you drop...... if in doubt - DIG IT!!

Return to “BEGINNERS' SECTION”