Cable waste

All discussions and threads relating to the "Green Waste" issue should be placed in here.
When the green waste issue has been resolved, this forum and the threads within it
will either be moved or deleted.
Son of the sands
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
meble kuchenne warszawa
Main Detector: Minelab CTX 3030

Cable waste

Post by Son of the sands »

One of our farms does have a green waste issue, but before he covered it in the recycled junk there were a few fields where we dug some chopped up cable. He reckons it was from some horse bedding he got from a local stables a few years ago. I went on one of the fields today and dug this lot. It gives variable signals depending on thickness and shape but most of it comes out in hammered territory. Most annoying.
Attachments
cable.jpg
cable.jpg (916.01 KiB) Viewed 9994 times
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kickboxing.

lee greagsbey
Site Admin
Main Detector: Deus, CTX, Excalibur
Location: A Surrey coddiwomple exiled into East Hampshire working back in Surrey

Re: Cable waste

Post by lee greagsbey »

Hi Sots,
I feel your pain buddy :g48: my friend has a farm that he has permission to let some friends on. That also has a lot of chopped up cable and it gives a cracking signal (I thought it was green waste but like you it'should really loads of chopped up cable). Funny enough it's also a great permission for hammered coins, but to be honest we haven't been there for a while. But as it's a pasture site so it may be visited now the seeding is well under way....
XP Deus V5.2
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Garrett Pro Pointer
Makro Pointer
XP Mi-6 Pinpointer
NCMD

“Only the devil and I know the whereabouts of my treasure, and the one of us who lives the longest should take it all ” Edward Teach
{P:

flipperbrownsnout

Post by flipperbrownsnout »

the site sots mentioned probably brought up well over a 100 hammies over the years for us......, its produced bronze age axes, gold medieval rings, gold medieval brooches, Viking artifacts, roman silvers etc.....................its now a nogo area for me its that bad. Sots still braves it every now and again....shame really

jcmaloney
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor

Post by jcmaloney »

On the positive side if the farmer has stopped using said stuff then every bit you take away is "cleaning up" the site. Based on those finds I would take the pain!!

Hectorsfarm_
Main Detector: XP Deus V 5.1

Post by Hectorsfarm_ »

..I have a couple of fields that I think could be productive, but they have so much 'lead cable' !? I don't know if it is some old form of cable, but it's definitely wire encased in lead 'piping' - and soooo much of it chopped up all over the field?

Obby
UKDN Supporter - Gold
UKDN Supporter - Gold
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by Obby »

:g9:

Sounds like you need a clean up crew to give it a good going over. Bit of a challenge for a club maybe ???

Return to “"Green Waste" Issues”