No - but there may be exceptions
0%
No - absolutely not
0%

Total votes: 16777300

meble kuchenne warszawa

Re: ok

Post by Guest »

jeb wrote:That to me sounds Ok Stevie, I would go along with that .
Steve (Detecnicks)I see your point, and it too sounds as you put it there Agreeable. What i fear though is if there`s going to be a fight on our hands , i would like to See you ,STEVE Detecnicks And Even STEVIESKIN on our team along side Saablady and Petethedig, Rufus and am i short of one more??
I see them as Doves on our panel, i would like a more balanced team, and see a couple of Hawks.As is in the senate.
All Doves would not be in our best interest i think, as i would be afraid of them being rough shod over, too complacent , and i like their dedication to their new posts but still feel that we need possibly another two to see there`s no fudging on the Archie's side. I would seriously like this and feel happier, with no disrespect to the present delegates. :D
I wouldnt call them doves Jeb, they no doubt are as passionate in their beliefs as you or I am and we must respect that. I am sure they have the future of detecting foremost on their minds.I do agree it is worrying that they all seem to have the same slant on the hobbies future, carefully selected by what seems to be UKDN on a power trip :)
Among them the very same people who refused to participate in talks until it was moved to the neutral ground of the PAS, then immediately, and unilaterally decided to use a detecting forum as the focal point of discussions.
:shock: :oops:

deepseeker
UKDN Supporter - Diamond
UKDN Supporter - Diamond
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by deepseeker »

Hi Jeb, thanks for the compliment, :oops: of course I remember you, your Avatar is a good likeness :lol: did you ever get round to clouting Wolfie with your digger after all those hammereds with his hot shot.
sent from my PC using the keyboard

You are entitled to your opinion, even though it's wrong

ROMANES EUNT DOMUS

rufus

Re: ok

Post by rufus »

stevieskin wrote: Among them the very same people who refused to participate in talks until it was moved to the neutral ground of the PAS, then immediately, and unilaterally decided to use a detecting forum as the focal point of discussions.
:shock: :oops:
The discussions started out on TT forum, quickly moved to PAS because of the difficulty of conducting talks that could affect detectorists directly, in what would be seen as 'enemy territory'. Discussion on PAS was brisk and fruitful because of the sites perceived neutrality and for some time that was the only place to discuss. The talks on UKDN started very late in the day I'm afraid, two weeks or more after they were initiated. I was involved from the very beginning and have followed where discussion has gone and will continue to do so regardless of where rounds of serious argument that may affect us may break out in the future.

Steve-B

Post by Steve-B »

I think the only slant that the members on the liaison team have on the hobby...is that it actually has a future..what that future is, has yet to be discovered.

The three chosen as reps for this section are ones that are well known to us all, known for their commitment to the hobby, for their honesty and for their integrity..

I feel that they are in fact three very different individuals with totally different outlooks on the hobby and I for one have no problems with them being chosen.

As for the dicussions on the draft code of practice being moved..I dont see any evidence of that. The discussion is very much alive on the PAS site, where it quite rightly should be. I was actually under the impression that the liaison section of the UKDN was just that for liaison...we get to air our opinions in the public forum which the reps take note of and translate our ideas etc in an ordered manner.

petethedig
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Minelab Etrac

Post by petethedig »

The reason that we have brought discussions to UKDN is purely bringing the mountain to Mohammed. Import discussions were going on and we were all invited! Not many turned up so we came here to make sure you all knew what was going on, after all it's affecting us all to some degree or another!
Please don't call me a 'dove!' Not called for or warranted! I think that those who have been here long enough will know that all three of us that have been asked to participate have our 'own' minds and don't follow some layed out plan! Many thanks. Pete

Post by Guest »

Pete, read my post again mate. I do not call any of you doves. I give you all credit and respect for your beliefs and commitment. I have no problem with the personalities involved AT ALL. My concern is this issue involves all detectorists alike and in equal proportion.
For the whole thing to go ahead on the say so of a very small admin team is not the way forward mate.
This is not just a UKDN issue it involves everyone.
Do you really believe that many who have read all these topics will not have the same opinion as I do?? . Ok ,they dont post their thoughts and maybe they should, but perhaps they dont think its worth bothering with because they expect they will be ignored by the powers that be.
Personalities are not the problem Pete, the system is, it has been rushed through with the barest minimum of discussion,

petethedig
Main Detector: Minelab Etrac

Post by petethedig »

The point of the liaison group Stevie is to talk, not to determin the future of our hobby. For too long now we have had this 'them' and 'us' and to be honest Stevie its got us all nowhere. I think the group of people who are agreeing to come on the Liaison group from other communities are incredibly forward thinking people! They want to talk to us and discuss issues to help bridge the gaps that exist. For this I feel atleast they should be applauded. I know that people will give them a fair hearing and view what happens, but at the end of the day its more about communication than legislation. :lol: Point taken about the dove bit! :wink:

Steve-B

Post by Steve-B »

In all fairness Steve, everyone on the forum has the right or the ability to speak, unless they are illiterate...you simply cannot make a statement on behalf of people who have not voiced an opinion either way, as the very same could easily be said of those with opposing view pionts to yourself.

If you want some sort of indication of what people are thinking, then simply check out the voting at the top of the page, it doesnt quite reflect what you think the majority of peoples opinions are..

Speak for yourself Steve and let everyone else speak for themselves, and those that choose not too...well you only have an opinion if you express it.

Post by Guest »

I am not a them and us person, I think :lol: , I am all for the talking mate. I just cannot believe that a detecting forum, ANY detecting forum, is the best place. Especially where the reputation for "selective moderation" is growing.
I guess its just best to agree to disagree on this point.

Post by Guest »

I have to agree with Stevieskin on this. Things like this should only be implemented after discussions with thr NCMD and FID and with further postings of the proposals put in the hobby magazines for the non PC detectorists to view.

There are only a small minority of detectorists on the internet and to decide behind there backs the future of the detectorist is wrong even with their best interests at heart.

For the whole thing to go ahead on the say so of a very small admin team is not the way forward mate.
This is not just a UKDN issue it involves everyone.
it has been rushed through with the barest minimum of discussion,

Steve-B

Post by Steve-B »

hence the liason section

Post by Guest »

I did see that Steve but tried my hardest to see the Scottish representitive but could'nt find him/her??
Last edited by Guest on Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Steve-B

Post by Steve-B »

behave mate, its the UKDN..UK...next we will be needing a rep from the moslim community, jewish, welsh, cornish...I thought the reps were chosen because of their personal qualities not their geographical location.

rufus

Post by rufus »

I'm an Essex boy...err, I'll get my burberry lined coat then ! :lol:

Post by Guest »

Steve we have NO FLO's and our TT law is very different. My god we are in discussion just now to get our first NCMD reps!! Every item removed from the ground wether it be leather, wood or an old condom is TT up here until it is disclaimed...lol

Return to “ARCHIVE MATERIAL”