meble kuchenne warszawa

Re: Linnet44

Post by flipperbrownsnout »

very sorry to hear the bad news, my thoughts to his family and friends

ferret
Main Detector: XP Deus

Post by ferret »

Terrys funeral still hasnt been arranged but as soon as the coroners enquiries have been completed it is likely it will be put in the hands of E W Browns funeral directors on Holderness Road in Hull.
The coroners office still hasnt managed to locate Terrys next of kin. I know Terry spoke to ex RAF personnel. Does anyone know his approximate RAF joining or leaving dates ? A strange request I know but the Coroners officer needs this bit of info to help move proceedings along. Thanks.

petem

Post by petem »

Dave, Ter was 67 this year, at least that's what he said :lol: born 1940.

He was i beleive a boy entrant, so possibly 16 or 17 years of age.

That would make entry around 1956 - 57

mugwamp

Post by mugwamp »

Terry and I were both RAF Boy Entrants with a joining age between 15 1/2 and 17 1/2 yrs. I cannot remember which 'entry' Terry said he was but it would be somewhere between 26th and 30th entries. I was 47th entry some years after Terry. There is a site dedicated to RAF Boy Entrants - RAFBEA - RAF Boy Entrants Association - which I have had a look at but could find no clues relating to Terry or James Britten. He joined up as a Telegraphist in the trade of Ground Wireless the same as myself. He will probably be on an RAF pension and as such the RAF Records and Pay Office should have some details on him and any next of kin.

Old Git John
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Platinum Supporter
Main Detector: SIMPLEX

Post by Old Git John »

Incredibly sad news, I cannot really add anything to what has already been said.

God be with you mate.
Last edited by Old Git John on Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to have an issue regarding having an inferiority complex, I no longer have an issue with being inferior.

ferret

Post by ferret »

Thanks for that Mugwamp that is a very good starting point.

romanrich

Post by romanrich »

Very sad news :( :( R I P Terry
Record your finds here and build your own Database http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdff/index.php run by detectorists for detectorists..

marcsdigs
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
UKDN Diamond Supporter and UKDN Magazine Contributor
Main Detector: Garrett GTI 2500
Location: Atop the mouth of the South......... Southampton, Hampshire

Post by marcsdigs »

Oh No.
I cant believe this has happened. What very sad news this is. I was only chatting to him a few weeks ago..............Hes going to be sadly missed.
Condolences to his family and all who knew him.

Lets hope the fields are full of treasures where Terry is now......... :(
My nicer finds HERE - Machines used - Garrett GTI 2500 & Pro Pinpointer
Record finds at ukdfd.co.uk, finds.org.uk
View my FLICKR photos Click Here

Cod fangler
UKDN Supporter
Main Detector: Troy Shadow X3

Post by Cod fangler »

marcsdigs wrote: I

Lets hope the fields are full of treasures where Terry is now......... :(
If they are , they wont be for long.
Troy Shadow X3

Craig Allison

Post by Craig Allison »

Only just read the thread.... still better late than never!
Terry was one of our customers and a thoroughly fair and decent man with a love for our hobby that knew no bounds
You will be sadly missed mate. RIP
Craig.

Drummajor

Post by Drummajor »

:( not been a member long but terry always had something helpfull to post

rip mate our thoughts are with your family

docdave

Post by docdave »

Dear All

We currently have a small display of Terry's finds at Beverley Guildhall. I'm going to add something to it by way of appreciation for all of his generosity in sharing his finds and his knowledge with the Museums Service over the past few years. Longer term, we would like to put on a bigger display of his collection at the Treasure House and pay proper tribute to him (maybe next summer after our Iron Age display). So if anyone has any photos, memories or biographical details of Terry that they'd like to share, please e-mail me at david.marchant@eastriding.gov.uk

PS I'm told that if you ring 01482 329131, you can get details of when Terry's funeral will take place.
To err is human; to really foul up you need a committee...

kennypeate

Post by kennypeate »

I am very sad to hear of Terrys passing. My Father died suddenly earlier this year and this has brought it all back. My sincerest condolonces go out to Terrys family and friends.

Kenny
how can one truly savor success unless you first taste failure

Donnydave
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter

Post by Donnydave »

docdave wrote:Dear All

We currently have a small display of Terry's finds at Beverley Guildhall. I'm going to add something to it by way of appreciation for all of his generosity in sharing his finds and his knowledge with the Museums Service over the past few years. Longer term, we would like to put on a bigger display of his collection at the Treasure House and pay proper tribute to him (maybe next summer after our Iron Age display). So if anyone has any photos, memories or biographical details of Terry that they'd like to share, please e-mail me at david.marchant@eastriding.gov.uk

PS I'm told that if you ring 01482 329131, you can get details of when Terry's funeral will take place.
Just phoned this number docdave no arrangements have been made just yet they said possibly Friday they will have some news, but no church service just the crematorium?

Flinty

Post by Flinty »

Shocking and very, very sad. Terry obviously enjoyed it here and made a lot of friends. Deepest sympathies to his family.

Return to “ARCHIVE MATERIAL”