Web site.

awing
meble kuchenne warszawa

Web site.

Post by awing »

Thought you would be interested in this website.
If you detect on or near the cost line, this website will give you some indication on high and low water in roman times. You will be surprise at the highs and lows over the last two thousands years
http://www.salt.org.il/frame_arch.html
When your on the site, go down to coastal flooding and the continuing rise of the sea levels.

PhilD
UKDN Valued Member and Diamond Supporter
Main Detector: Makro Racer
Location: Saving North Yorks finds for future generations by recording with PAS

Re: Web site.

Post by PhilD »

Thanks awing :g50: , I'll put this link with yours if it's ok mate;

http://flood.firetree.net/?ll=53.2685,-0.1978&z=9&m=2
Click here to register with PAS
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

History Hunter

Post by History Hunter »

could be interesting because we had a guest speaker at our club meetng who thinks that in roman times there were more roman forts on the fylde coast and that they have been eroded away where they was.

awing

Post by awing »

Thanks for the website Phil.
I think a explanation is needed for them that don't know what's so imported about the two websites, if your detecting on say low lands near the sea, and that could be anything from shore up to twenty miles inland.
The two websites will let you know if your detecting a harbour or town that was at hight water throughout the pass two thousand years.
All charts show low water mark, so by looking at my website you will see back in the 5th/7th century the tides were two meters higher then today,( Who said about global warming ? ) now have a look at Phil's website and you can make a two miter adjustment. Try it and have a look at Peterborough,Kings Lynn and Norwich, and on top of all that, add another meter for spring tides.
Start you thinking, yes ?? Only a Cornishman could think of that. :g39: {P:

Blue

Post by Blue »

I'm working the beach for the first time with the T2 in 10 days or so - Thanks :g5b:

PhilD
Main Detector: Makro Racer
Location: Saving North Yorks finds for future generations by recording with PAS

Post by PhilD »

awing wrote:Thanks for the website Phil.
I think a explanation is needed for them that don't know what's so imported about the two websites, if your detecting on say low lands near the sea, and that could be anything from shore up to twenty miles inland.
The two websites will let you know if your detecting a harbour or town that was at hight water throughout the pass two thousand years.
All charts show low water mark, so by looking at my website you will see back in the 5th/7th century the tides were two meters higher then today,( Who said about global warming ? ) now have a look at Phil's website and you can make a two miter adjustment. Try it and have a look at Peterborough,Kings Lynn and Norwich, and on top of all that, add another meter for spring tides.
Start you thinking, yes ?? Only a Cornishman could think of that. :g39: {P:
Too right mate, those areas must have been well under water so not worth detecting but the high ground on the other hand .......
Click here to register with PAS
Makro Racer / ATPro Inter / T2 / Explorer II / Ace 250 / Garrett Pro Pinpointer / Etrex 10 GPS /Lumix TZ60/PAS Records - Click here

awing

Post by awing »

The reason I put in Kings Lynn was because of King John ( 11 century,) the one that lost all his treasure.
Well by looking at the websites you can see that the treasure is now three and a half feet below low tide.
But when the romans was hear, the tide was six feet more then it is today, and what with spring tides, that would make the tide nine feet more. So to find more roman, you need to go inland.

Corinne Mills

Post by Corinne Mills »

awing wrote:So to find more roman, you need to go inland.
and sometimes by miles

Return to “General History”